Tuesday 18 April 2017

A happy Tilda - Magnolia-licious DT

A special Easter Hi to you who came to visit me here today! I hope you had a lovely Family day and enjoyed this Special Feast in any way which you like :)

Today marks the start of a new Challenge at Magnolia-licious, an easy "Anything Goes" is the theme for challenge number #7. 







This time I decided to colour my Wihoo Emoji Tilda with Copics, and place her as the centre piece in this fun card. This is a stamp I had won from Craft Heaven Challenge, and I'm glad I got to play with it :) 

Even though mum's health situation is a very delicate one at the moment, I felt that creating this card, bit by bit, did have a calming effect on me. Unfortunately mum is still in hospital, and things seem to be very complicated. But I know God is there - giving her peace and serenity, even though she always hated hospitals. It is not easy to see her so frail and so dependent on us when I know how difficult this thing is for her. The truth is that she always manage to teach me a lot without any words - even in these situations, her faith is showing in her strength and her acceptance of all that this constant treatment entails. 

Anyway... no more babbling from my side! Back to my card... 






The colouring of this cutie was very easy peasy, and to go with her cute smiley face I decided on a green and pink colour combo. I think these colours bring out the happy feeling this stamp gives, and they are perfect to use for a lot of different occasions. 

Unfortunately, I do not know the name of the papers I used, as they were among other loose paper in my stash, and could not remember from what company they are. 
Let me remind you that you can find this particular stamp and various Magnolia and other stamp collections, embellishments and lots of new additions in Magnolia-licious Store






For this card I also used some lovely dies from the Doo Hickey volume 10 kitLook at those cute butterfly wings, dragonflies, and also the lovely hearts which I tagged behind the main image. 

Other dies I used on this card are: Go Kreate, Impression Obsession Die, Dienamics 







Other embellishments I added were: cheesecloth, self-adhesive pearls, ribbon, lace, and some gesso here and there for that soft feel. 

 Some flowers were a must for pretty Tilda! 





I hope you let me know what is your opinion about the card, but also that you pop over on the challenge blog and see for yourself the cute projects that the DT prepared for you. Please do come and join the fun, and inspire us with your talents! And do not forget that Shawn is offering one Random Winner a $20 Gift Certificate to be spent in the Store!! 

Last but not least, I humbly ask you to keep supporting with prayers for mum, so that she will not be in a lot of pain during this rough time. Thank you to each one of  those who leave me private messages on Fb, send emails etc. A big hug also to the sweet people who are sending me lovely crafting RAKs as a sign of love and support - the smile you manage to bring on my face is a ray of hope! You are AMAZING people!! :) God bless each of you!!! 




Some challenges for this happy face: 

Addicted to Stamps  #146 - not a square Card 

Magnolia Forever # 52- Spring 

Noor Designs April Challenge - Flowers

The Ribbon Girl - use any image

Midweek Magnolias  - Anything goes with a Magnolia image 

Craft Heaven Shop  - Scent of flower

Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia  - Easter or Anything Goes

Deep Ocean Challenge blog #153 - Spring 



Many Blessings
Rosette 

"We are the Easter people, and Alleluia is our Song!" 

17 comments:

  1. this is just so beautiful hunny, I absolutely adore it
    huge hugs and thinking of your mum
    Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie Lou!!! xxx
      Big hugs sent your way

      Delete
  2. Love this!
    Colour combination is awesome and all the embellishments really compliment the card.
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Verry nice card.
    Beautyful Details.
    Love Lonneke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Lonneke xxx Blessings sent your way xx

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely and very pretty card. And the shape is perfect for our challenge. Thank you for entering our challenge and good luck. Greetings, Veerle DT-ATSC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Veerle xxx much appreciated!!

      Delete
  5. Hi love, your card is super gorgeous and I especially love the colour combo of green and pink! Lovely detailing too and all the embellies are lush!
    I am sorry to hear your Mum still is in hospital and is not feeling well at all. I do keep her in my prayers, as well as I keep you in my prayers. Take care and all the best for you and your Mum! <3<3<3
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetest Ally, you are one kind person xxx many blessings sent to you!!! xx Hugs

      Delete
  6. ...oh and I wanted to say: thank you so much for playing along at LHOSM :) Very much apreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosette, Your card is as sweet as can be! This Tilda is a cutie. Beautifully shaped card and I love all the gorgeous embellishments. Those wings are wonderful!
    I am happy you were able to enjoy a bit of time creating with all you are going through with your Mum.
    Remember I am praying for her and yourself and any siblings you may have.
    Loving Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi wow just adore the colours with her another beautiful creation thank you for inspiring us at The Midweek Magnolias Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rosette
    This is so gorgeous, i love the shape and the pastel colours and the sweet image, such a beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Rosette, your Tilda creation is wonderful and looks really romantic. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to stamps. Alma

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card! Your card design and decorations are just perfect. Thank you for joining Magnolia Forever challenge.
    Sai

    ReplyDelete